Throwback: BHS Staff then and now

A look at your BHS teachers, administrators, and staff members from their high school years

Mr. Aaron Haynak (right) graduated from Clare High School in 2012. He was involved in football, basketball, and baseball. Mr. Brent Luplow (left) graduated from Clare High School in 2012. He played football, basketball and baseball. Luplow and Haynak were friends in high school.

Avarie Willey, Staff Writer

Mr. Johnson, principal

Mr. Gavin Johnson’s senior year basketball photo. Mr. Johnson graduated from Utica Ford High School in 1985. He played basketball, baseball, and football. He was also on the student council.

Mr. Johnson, 2018-29

Mrs. Armstrong, English teacher

Mrs. Kelly Armstrong graduated from Pinckney High School in 1993. She was involved in soccer, cheerleading, yearbook staff, and National Honor Society. She was also the Government President.
Mrs. Armstrong, 2019-20

Mrs. Bell, Math teacher

Mrs. Amanda Bell graduated from Brighton High School in 2011. She was involved in SADD (now S4/S4DS), LINK, and in yearbook. She also was on the track and cross country teams, captains of both her senior year.
Mrs. Bell, 2019

Ms. Burr, English teacher

Ms. Jaclyn Burr graduated from Brighton High School in 2010. She was involved in student council, Leadership, BKOM, and NHS. She was the salutatorian when she graduated.
Ms. Burr, 2019-20

Coach Carl

Coach Jim Carl graduated from Arthur Hill High School in 1980. He was involved in football and swimming.
Coach Carl, 2019

Mr. Christner, Social Studies teacher

Mr. Jesse Christner graduated from Brighton High School in 2004. He played basketball and baseball all four years.
Mr. Christner, 2019-20

Ms. Davis, Social Studies teacher

Ms. Kim Davis at prom her senior year. Davis graduated from Brighton High School in 1994. She was involved in marching band all 4 years of high school, playing the alto saxophone.
Ms. Davis, 2019-20

Mr. Evans, principal

Mr. Matthew Evans at his senior year homecoming. Evans graduated from Brighton High School in 2006. He was involved with baseball, playing all four years, and the National Honor Society.
Mr. Evans, 2019-20

Ms. Gadola, Science teacher

Ms. Hannah Gadola graduated from Fenton High School in 2013. She was involved in basketball, yearbook, and cross country.
Ms. Gadola, 2019-20

Ms. Garvin, English teacher

Ms. Alice Garvin graduated from Livonia Churchill High School in 2013. She was involved in NHS and Spanish NHS. She played softball all four years. She graduated at the top of her class.
Ms. Garvin, 2019-20

Mr. Grabowski, Social Studies teacher

Mr. Nate Grabowski graduated from Brighton High School in 2005. He was involved in soccer and he threw the discus & shot put for the track team.
Mr. Grabowski, 2018-19

Mrs. Grills, Math teacher

Mrs. Danielle Grills graduated from Linden High School in 1997. She was involved in track, volleyball, and cross country.
Mrs. Grills, 2019-20

Mr. Luplow and Mr. Haynak 

Mr. Luplow (l) and Mr. Haynak (r), 2019-20

Dr. Heinonen, English teacher

Dr. Tami Heinonen graduated from Plymouth Salem High School in 1996. She was in both color guard and marching band during her freshman and sophomore years. During her junior and senior years, she was an editor on the school newspaper.
Dr. H., 2019-20

Mrs. Hoss, Special Education teacher

Mrs. Michelle Hoss graduated from Howell High School in 1987. She played softball.
Mrs. Hoss

Mrs. Hratchian, Media Center Specialist

Mrs. Emily Hratchian graduated from Saginaw Nouvel Catholic High School in 2001. She was involved in student council and NHS. Also she played softball, track, and basketball.
Mrs. Hratchian, 2019-20

Mrs. Kirchmeier, Attendance secretary

Mrs. Patty Kirchmeier graduated from Mason High School in 1987. She was involved in volleyball, track, and the National Honor Society.

Mrs. Kirchmeier, 2019-20

Mrs. King, Math teacher

Mrs. Tressa King graduated from Milford High School in 2001. She was in the marching band and played soccer all four years.
Mrs. King, 2019-20

Ms. Peltier, English teacher

Ms. Madeline Peltier graduated from Brighton High School in 2013. She was involved in pom, choir, leadership and in musicals.
Ms. Peltier, 2019-20

Mrs. Petit, Guidance Counselor

Mrs. Jodi Petit graduated from Pinckney High School in 1995. She was involved in soccer, volleyball, cheerleading, and poms. She was also on the student council.
Mrs. Petit, 2019-20

Mr. Sandberg, Guidance Counselor

Mr. Chris Sandberg graduated from L’Anse Creuse High School in 1993. He was involved in basketball and soccer.
Mr. Sandberg, 2019-20

Mrs. Sprys-Tellner, principal

Mrs. Jennifer Sprys-Tellner graduated from Mercy High School in 1986. She was involved in Spanish club.
Mrs. Sprys-Tellner, 2019-20

Mr. Wendrick, Science teacher

Mr. Jonathan Wendrick graduated from Pinckney High School in 1999. He played golf, baseball, and basketball. He was also involved in the National Honor Society (NHS) and positive peer influence.
Mr. Wendrick, 2019-20

Mr. Day, English teacher

Mr. Todd Day graduated from Brighton High school in 1995. He was in cross country and track.

Mr. Day, 2019-20