Where is Mr. V now?

Checking in with retired principal Mr. Vecchioni

Henry Vecchioni one year before retiring (during the 2017/2018 school year).

Avarie Willey, Staff Writer

“It was the best 9 years of my life. I thought it would be my least favorite but it was actually my most favorite,” Henry Vecchioni retired principal.

Vecchioni worked all over the Brighton Area Schools district for years. He retired at the end of the 2018/2019 school year with his last class of seniors. In all, he worked in education for 40 years. 

“My favorite part about retirement is not having to worry about what day of the week it is because everyday is a Saturday,” Vecchioni said. 

During his retirement, he has managed to stay busy. He has gotten back into fishing and has been able to travel a bit more often. Also, he has also been working on his house to get ready to possibly sell.

“What I miss the most about being at Brighton High School is that I miss all of you guys, you guys are great,” Vecchioni said.

His favorite memory while working at BHS is beating the students nine years in a row in the “Staff vs Student basketball game”. Another favorite memory overall is “feeling wanted”. 

“The staff and the kids were very welcoming when I got here,” said Vecchioni.

Vecchioni still sees former colleagues and stops by the high school “as often as he should.” However, Principal Gavin Johnson and him try to get together more often.