COVID-19 Related Cancelations at BHS

Ivy Muench, Editor-in-Chief

Updated 3/12/2020 2:38 pm

Because this is a fluid situation, we will provide links whenever possible to get you to the most important information.

As of March 12, 2020, school activities that include more than 100 people are either canceled or suspended. These events include, but are not limited to:

• All MHSAA winter tournaments are suspended, effective immediately and indefinitely, due to concerns related to COVID-19. (See MHSAA website for updates on this and other sports events)
  • Choir concert 3/12
  • Academic Awards luncheon 3/13
  • SAT and PSAT on 3/14
  • State Solo and Ensemble
  • Science Olympiad Competitions
  • Choir Trip to Europe (postponed)
  • DECA Nationals and Internationals
  • Band Competitions
  • AP Literature Stratford Trip
  • Close-Up Trip to DC
  • BECC Building programs

For a more general description of canceled or suspended events:

• All field trips are suspended 
  • School-sponsored travel is suspended until further notice
  • All assemblies and performances in BAS for or involving the general public
  • All community meetings, community education programming ( excluding before/after school care, preschool, and daycare programming), rentals and school gatherings are suspended
  • All tours of facilities are suspended. 

Athletic events will go in accordance with the guidance of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSCAA). Spring Sports: According to the MHSAA, “The decisions to conduct practices and hold competitions for Spring sports are being made at the local school level, by local administration. Parents should contact their school’s athletic director for updates.”

To reiterate, after school clubs, athletic practices and other extracurricular activities less than 100 people will go one as normal. Students should contact their coaches, sponsors, and advisors with questions.