Band Festival Approaching

Kayleigh Podolski

Brighton High School band members have been preparing for this year’s Band Festival since getting back from winter break and now the time has arrived for them to compete. Students from Livingston County and the Southeast Michigan area will all come together for this competition.

Brighton has four bands that will be performing: the concert band consisting of freshmen only, the symphony made up of sophomores, the wind symphony filled with juniors and seniors and the wind ensemble which students had to audition for. Brighton High School’s bands are directed by Gabrielle Hoffman.

Judges give the performances a rating ranging from one to five; one being the best and five being the worst. Students also receive commentary and feedback to learn from their performance.

Mikaela Robbins, a junior in the symphony band, wind symphony band, and wind ensemble band brings up how it can be much more nerve-wracking to perform in front of judges: “It definitely feels like the spotlight is on you, even though you know it’s not.”

The Band Festival will be at Waterford Kettering High School Thursday, 3 March 2022.

The concert band performs at 9:20 AM. The symphony performs at 11:00 AM. The wind symphony performs at 1:25 PM. The wind ensemble performs at 3:45 PM.