Annual Club Fair highlights groups for students

New and returning clubs at BHS

Coach Shannan Pereira and Sami Schulte represent Science Olympiad at the Club Fair. Science Olympiad is one of the larger clubs at BHS.

Peyton Galloway, Copy Editor

The BHS Club Fair was held on Sept. 24 in a packed field house where hundreds of students piled in to find out how to get involved.

The Club Fair is an opportunity for everyone to re-engage in clubs they have enjoyed in the past but also join something new. During third hour, all of the freshmen and their BKOM mentors went into the field house to view the club booths. Then at the three lunches the other grades view and sign up for clubs.Junior Nate Przysiecki stated that the freshmen enjoyed exploring the booths and new clubs. 

Senior Hailee Paskievitch, founder of the Peer for Peer club, explained that starting a club is not as difficult as students might think. She decided as a freshmen to make an impact and did by starting a new club for new faces at BHS. Paskievitch said, “for the [new] students we can touch, it is a life-changing impact for them. High school is not easy”.

Teachers Michelle Costa and John Rioux also have similar ideations on clubs. Costa runs DECA, Girls Who Code, and Esports. Rioux runs Green Group. They both say these are groups that build teamwork and friendship based on the fact it is student led.

This year there have been many changes to the clubs at BHS. The Photography Club is no longer meeting, but there are the newly formed Euchre Club, Girl’s Ice Hockey, Caring Through Creativity and Girls Who Code now meeting regularly. 

Ava Eckerman ,who is on the Livingston United Girls Hockey Team, said, “It’s really exciting [for me] to participate in this club in high school because we are not only getting girls that have played their entire lives, but those who have never skated before too.”

BHS plans to continue to hold the Club Fair every year to promote awareness of all clubs  as well as gain new members. Students and parents can find more information on which are offered and on what days on the website under get involved.