Ginopolis’ Barbeque opens in downtown Brighton

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ginopolis’ Barbeque is a rustic-type restaurant complete with a bar and TV’s with as many sports games running as possible. Located on West Main Street, Ginopolis offers a vast selection of food ranging from pesto pizzas to smoked beef briskets.

Andrew Grant

Andrew Grant

Andrew Grant

Andrew Grant, Staff Writer

A new Restaurant opened up recently in the eventful town of Brighton. This time it’s Ginopolis’ Barbeque, a rustic-type restaurant complete with a bar and TV’s with as many sports games running as possible. Located on West Main Street, Ginopolis offers a vast selection of food ranging from pesto pizzas to smoked beef briskets. Leaving most customers full and satisfied. Owned by Brothers Johnny and Pete Ginopolis, they opened up a little grill back in ‘82. After heavy positive feedback, the brothers decided to turn their grill into a full on restaurant. Starting from Farmington Hills and eventually making their way over to Brighton. So far it seems like business is booming. Almost every seat was taken, which at four in the afternoon is an interesting sight and got the taste buds eager for a good meal.

There were many appetizing items on the menu. The order this time consisted of mac and cheese which was exquisite, the cheese was the right amount of gooey and there were breadcrumbs on it which is always a win. And though the employees seem ready to greet and serve you, lots of them are still fairly new due to the restaurant just opening, so it’s possible to catch yourself tapping your feet from time to time. Yet, the noodle-cheese blend was definitely worth the wait as it left me with a full stomach for the rest of the night.The design choice for this restaurant tries to take on the rustic style mixed with the traditional sports bar, which works quite nicely until you reach the bathrooms. It’s hard to understand what they were trying to do here, these pictures hung up on the bathrooms really ruin the vibe and take away from the rest of the restaurant. Especially if you come through the back entrance as it’s the first thing I was greeted with when I walked in. Students looking for job opportunities this may be a good time to strike! Ginopolis’ BBQ is seemingly in need of fresh workers. With a chunk of the employees there either being high school students or just graduated, it looks as if they could use the help. 

Around the restaurant are old hockey jerseys framed up against the walls and caring employees ready to greet you from the moment you walk in to the second you leave. AltThough the time spent there was short, it was definitely enjoyable. 

In conclusion, Ginopolis’ BBQ serves good, filling food, complete with employees ready to help, though the service was pretty lackluster because of new staff. The food is definitely worth the wait.